We are honored that you are interested in becoming a part of our growth efforts by exploring our Expansion Process. With over 135 entities across the United States, we aim to provide a safe place for our members to learn, grow and make lifelong connections.
To request Sigma Lambda Gamma’s national expansion procedure, please contact Brianna Peral at email@example.com or click the link below to fill out the Expansion Interest Form.
Sigma Lambda Gamma prides itself in building positive partnership with its host institutions. These partnerships ensure that all stakeholders have the necessary resources to have a fulfilling and constructive Sorority experience. To participate in the Sigma Lambda Gamma expansion process, the potential host institution must meet the following requirements:
- Accredited four-year institution.
- Open for expansion in the Fraternity and Sorority Life office or equivalent.
- Full-time staff member with Fraternity and Sorority Life or Student Life as part of their responsibilities.
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
In order to participate in the Sigma Lambda Gamma Expansion Process, the group of individuals interested in petitioning to become a Associate Chapter of Sigma Lambda Gamma must meet the following requirements:
- Group average cumulative/overall GPA of 2.6 cumulative or above on a 4.0 scale.
- At least ten eligible members. While seniors are welcome to join, the admission of a senior (defined as someone who is graduating within the next year) on the petition roster will not count towards the required ten members.
In order to participate in the Sigma Lambda Gamma Expansion Process, the individuals involved must meet our membership requirements:
- Full-time undergraduate student at the potential host institution.
- A cumulative 2.6 GPA on a 4.0 scale and a minimum of 12 college credit hours completed
- Transfer students require a cumulative GPA of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale
- Students who have completed less than 12 credit hours must submit documentation of unconditional acceptance to the university.