Each meeting is structured in a group style setting where the educator will facilitate activities, open dialogues, and personal reflections.
The goals of the Associate Member Education Program is to:
- Introduce the journey of becoming an Emotionally Intelligent member
- Maintain and enhance commitment of a lifetime of service to Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc.
- Develop and enhance an understanding of self in relation to respecting or promoting appreciation all identities and experiences
- Enhance leadership qualities
- Understand and apply the Sigma Lambda Gamma value system to self
- Develop a sense of sisterhood that empowers both self and others which will promote a safe and helpful environment
- Understand how to manage the entity operations to create sustainability on one’s campus
What members have said about
“It has allowed me to find myself as a young woman and learn how to cooperate with others. It has taught me to be the main source of motivation and sacrifice for my line sisters. It has taught me that I can do anything that I set my mind to.”
“The bonding exercises in the Journey have really allowed me to get out of my comfort zone. I was able to express myself to others in an environment where I felt completely safe and supported.”
“It is getting to see how each of us bring our own values, perspectives, and experiences and get to go through this together, through the ups and downs and know we will be there for one another no matter what.”
Policy Againt Hazing
Sigma Lambda Gamma defines hazing as “any non-accidental, costly aspect(s) of group induction activities that: a) do not appear to be group-relevant assessments/preparations, and/or b) are excessive, dangerous, or degrading in their application or constitute violations of local, state or federal law or any other university/college policy regardless of the consent of the participants. Group induction activities are those tasks formally or informally required to obtain or maintain membership and/or participatory legitimacy for new, prospective or current members and/or to attain progressive membership status and/or leadership positions within the organization.”
All members shall respect the dignity of all people, and therefore, shall not physically, mentally, psychologically, or sexually abuse or haze any human being. Any such mistreatment of associate members, members or other persons at any time shall be considered a violation of the ideals, principles and purpose of this organization and shall be considered unworthy conduct. Individuals who engage in hazing activities risk sanctions and termination by the Sorority. Sorority sanctions and/or termination does not absolve individuals from criminal sanctions.
As a family or friend of a Sigma Lambda Gamma, we invite you to be a part of your child’s journey. Learn more about the collegiate member experience with this letter from the CEO of Sigma Lambda Gamma.